Coproducing with basque country
General Data of our territory
- POPULATION: 2.175.800
- GDP 70.857.296 (2017)
- GDP / Head 33.088 (2017)
- Capital City Vitoria-Gasteiz
- Official language: Basque and Spanish.
Main priorities of our organization
The Department of Culture and Linguistic Policy of the Basque Government offers financial support for the script, project development, production and coproduction of Basque films.
Supports the exhibitors and promotion of the films through Zineuskadi association and films heritage with the Basque Archive (Euskadiko Filmategia).
Furthermore, represents Basque films abroad under the Basque Audiovisual umbrella thanks to the coordination between Etxepare Basque Insitute, Eiken Audiovisual Cluster and Zineuskadi.
General data / information on the audiovisual sector in our sphere of influence
- Annual Budget (State Support) 2.920.000 €,
- Number of productions 41
- Feature films: 5
- Documentaries: 7
- TV-movies: 0
- Series: 1
- Cinemas: 65
- Digital screens: 56
- Market share of European films: 35 %
TAX INCENTIVES FOR INCENTIVES FOR INVESTING IN FIML PRODUCTIONS
Tax Credit (TC):
- Araba: 30% // 40% if Basque is the original language
- Bizkaia: 30% deduction
- Gipuzkoa: 30% deduction // 40% is Basque is the original language (production cost must not exceed 60%)
Tax Rebate (TR):
- Araba: 25% deduction for costs incurred in the Basque Autonomous Community.
- Gipuzkoa: 25% deduction (with a limit of 2.5M of costs incurred in the Basque Autonomous Community).
- Araba + Bizkaia: Production cost + Cost of copies + Advertising and Promotion costs (up to a limit of 40% of the production cost)
- Gipuzkoa: Production cost + Cost of Copies + Advertising and Promotion Costs (limit of 40% of the production cost)
REQUIREMENTS AND LIMITS:
- Araba: Maximum deduction (TC&TR): 2.5million euros
- Bizkaia: No maximum amount
- Gipuzkoa: Maximum deduction (TC&TR): 2.5million euros
- Araba: TC: 50% of the deduction base must correspond to costs incurred in the Basque Autonomous Community and for a minimum of 2 weeks of filming in the Basque Autonomous Community. TR: Minimum expediture in Álava of 500.000 euros.
- Bizkaia: No territorial obligation
- Gipuzkoa: At least 50% of the deduction base for costs incurred in the Basque Autonomous Community. Additional requirements of Basque technical / artistic involvement.
Allocation of Tax loss carry-forwards and tax deductions in economic interest groupings:
- Araba: In Álava limited to multiplying the paid-up contribution by 1.
- Bizkaia: The amount of paid.up contributions by the shareholder to the grouping's capital is limited to being multiplied by 1.2. The excess cannot ever be allocated to sharedholders.
- Gipuzkoa: The amount of paid-up contributions by the shareholder to the grouping's capital is limited to being multiplied by 1.2. The excess cannot ever be allocated to shareholders.
- Araba: Deduction + grants must not exceed 50% of the production costs; 60% for cross-border productions.
- Bizkaia: Deduction + grants must not exceed 50% of the production costs; 60% for cross-border productions and no limit for difficult audiovisual works or co-productions with the involvement of countries on the list of the Development Assistance Commitee for the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.
- Gipuzkoa: Deduction + grants must not exceed 50% of the production costs. Excluding cross-border productions (60%). Difficult work and countries that are members of the DAC (no limit).
+34 943 48 28 00
+34 945 16 16 16 (Ext.4381)
José Agustín Atxa
+34 944 205 397
Main lines of regional audiovisual support
Basque Government (Department of Culture and Linguistic Policy)
- Support for audiovisual production of feature films (Fiction, documentary and animation)
- Support for audiovisual production of short films
- Support for development of single projects
- Support for script writing
- Support for promotion of feature films (Fiction, documentary and animation)
- Support for exhibition
- Support for dubbing of films to Basque Language
Etxepare Basque Institute
- Support for Festivals: Selected to participate in an official section of an International Film Festival. Traveling, accommodation and subsistence expenses.
- Support for Markets: Aid to participate in an international audiovisual market. Traveling, accommodation and subsistence expenses.
- Max: 1000 € per festival or market and 2250€ per year for each professional asking for the fund.
- Second trimester of the year
- Promotion: April
- Exhibition: June
- June until septembre.
+34 945 01 69 41
+34 943 59 58 62
+34 943 023 406